fetch campervan hire new zealand | senior campervan hire new zealand | family campervan hire new zealand | cheap campervan hire new zealand
early booker campervan hire new zealand
Kiwi Campers NZ informationKiwi Campers specialises in providing campervan rental. New Zealand campervans are the best way to experience the beautiful un-spoilt landscapes of this country.
They provide superbly equipped top of the range campervans at extremely competitive rates. They supply travel information and their experienced team is trained in all matters New Zealand. They can also arrange tickets and itineraries at request and can answer any questions you may have.
Their selection of campers available comprises of, the extremely popular 2/3 berth camper for the small family or group, the top of the range 2 berth with shower and toilet, the luxurious 4 berth camper for more space and larger facilities, and the deluxe 6 berth camper for the ultimate camper van hire in New Zealand. Camper rental in New Zealand is made easy as they provide the means and information so you can enjoy what this country has to offer.
Kiwi Campers service and prices include insurance, a 24-hour emergency breakdown service, unlimited kilometers, airport/hotel transfers, travel information, and maps. Upon picking up your camper, they will familiarize you with it and supply you with information about driving safely in New Zealand, and answer any questions you might have.
Kiwi Campers offer hotel and airport transfers which are complimentary between the airport or hotel you are staying at, and their branches in Auckland and Christchurch. This is on the day you pick-up your vehicle and again when you return it
Kiwi Campers NZ Rental TermsImportant Information About Your Rentals
On arrival, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the operators of Kiwi Campers NZ. Here is a summary of their terms and conditions.
The following definitions apply for the Terms and Conditions of Kiwi Campers NZ:
* The Supplier means the operator of Kiwi Campers NZ.
* The Client is also referred to as the hirer (s) or renter (s).
Deposit and payments
To secure the booking a non-refundable deposit is required. The remaining balance of all rentals is due 41 days prior to the commencement of the rental period or upon confirmation if the booking is made within 41 days.
Please note that your deposit is non-refundable. Cancellation fees are as follows:
23 - 31 days 20% of rental is retained by Kiwi Campers
13 - 22 days 60% of rental is retained by Kiwi Campers
1- 12 days Cancelled 1-12 days prior on day of pick up or No Show 100% of rental is retained by Kiwi Campers
If a vehicle is returned early for any reason there is no refund available. If an amendment is made to the rental dates within 31 days of collection, no refund will be made if the length of hire is decreased (that is, the rental will be charged at the number of days originally booked). A relocation fee may apply if the collection or return location is amended within 31 days of vehicle pickup or if notification occurs during the hire. Any amendment made to decrease the length of the hire more than 31 days prior to the rental period will incur a NZ$50 administration fee. It is important to note that Kiwi Campers may at its discretion treat any amendment to decrease the booking as a cancellation. Standard Rates Include:
- Unlimited kilometres
- Standard Kiwi Campers vehicle insurance (see below)
- AA 24-hour roadside assistance throughout NZ
- Vehicle living equipment
- Complimentary transfers (see below)
- Goods & Services Tax (GST) of 15.0%
- Basic cooking and living equipment supplied
- Route Planners, Camping Park Directories and other tourist information available at depots
Daily Hire Charges
The daily hire charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
Hours of Operation
High Season: (1 Sept - 30 April)
Monday to Sunday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Public Holidays: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Low season:(1 May - 31 Aug)
Monday to Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Weekends & Public Holidays: 10:00am - 3:00pm
During Jun-August the supplier reserves the right to close the depots on weekends and public holidays.
The latest collection time from the depot is 4.00pm during the high season and 3.00 during the low season so please consider your hire start date with this in mind if your flight arrival time will not allow sufficient time to arrive at the depot by the above times
Kiwi Campers' Auckland and Christchurch Depots are closed on the following days: 25th of December (Christmas Day) the 1st of January (New Year’s Day) and Good Friday.
Drivers Requirements and Licence
All drivers must be 18 years of age or older and hold a current valid driver's licence at the commencement of the hire. An international licence is acceptable. If your overseas driver licence isn’t in English you must provide an accurate English translation or a International Licence. No special licence is required to drive any kiwi camper van or motor home in New Zealand. No maximum age limit applies. A full driver's licence, held for at least one year, shall be provided at the time of hire. If the licence is not in English format then an international driver's licence is also required. To hire a 4 and 6 or 7 berth the driver must be 21 years or older.
There is no extra charge for additional drivers.
Be aware of, and comply with, all New Zealand legislations including, but not limited to New Zealand Transport Agency rules and regulations.
Minimum Hire Periods
For all Kiwi 6 and 7 berth vehicles there is a minimum period is 10 days between 1 May and 30 September and increases to 14 days for all bookings between 1 October and 30 April. For all Kiwi 2 ST’s vehicles there is a minimum period is 5 days between 1 May and 30 September and increases to 10 days for all bookings between 1 October and 30 April. For all other Kiwi vehicles there is a minimum period is 5 days between 8 January and 14 December and increases to 7 days for all bookings between 15 December and 7 January. Minimum rental periods are subject to further change during peak seasons. It is possible to commence your hire in Christchurch and finish it in Auckland (or vice versa).
One Way Hires
Where pick-ups originate from Auckland and returns to Christchurch and the pick -up is between
A complimentary transfer is available from the airport or accommodation surrounding the airport on the day of pick up and drop off of the vehicle in Auckland and Christchurch. The hirer must advise Kiwi Campers of pick up and drop off times one week prior to them occurring to be guaranteed the transfer at a certain time. Please note that complimentary transfers are only available from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Credit Cards
Our preferred payment method is by credit card/debit card or cash payments (NZ$). We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. A surcharge fee of 3.5% on any American Express transaction (including the bond) applies and 2% on other credit cards. There is no charge for cash. Our policy is to charge in your credit card's country of origin currency.
Bond: When you collect your vehicle, we take an impression of your credit card for the bond. We do not deduct the bond from the credit card at the start of your hire, but merely hold the authority to deduct it in the unfortunate event of an accident. The impression of your credit card covers your accident/ damage bond liability plus any extra costs such as refilling fuel, cleaning, emptying of the toilet at the end of hire or any traffic infringements, losses or breakages and any related surcharges. Each separate accident will incur an excess charge. A credit card imprint must be on all rental agreements and must be the credit card of the main hirer unless prior arrangements have been made.
Kiwi Campers does not accept Debit Cards for the bond imprint. Where a credit card is not available, a cash bond will be held by Kiwi Campers following the termination of the hire i.e. 75% of the bond will be refunded on drop off of the vehicle and the other 25% will be refunded 30 days out from your drop off of the vehicle.
Hirers are permitted to drive their vehicle on any road in New Zealand except the following which are prohibited in all circumstances:
- Ninety Mile Beach – Northland
- North of Colville Township - Coromandel Peninsula
- Tapu-Coroglen Road - Coromandel Peninsula
- Skippers Canyon Road – Queenstown
- Ball Hutt Road - Mt. Cook
- Vehicles are not permitted on all ski field's access roads in both the North and South Islands from the 1 June to the 31 October.
- Any beach or unformed/ gravel road in New Zealand. The only exceptions to this are any recognised campground access roads or road works. Continuous driving on gravel or unsealed roads, there are no restrictions on which roads the vehicle can be driven on, however continuous travel on gravel or unsealed roads voids all insurance
- Kiwi Campers reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
Please note that if these road restrictions are breached, all insurances will become null and void and the hirer will be liable for the full cost of any and all damages incurred.
Vehicle Substitution and Design
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, Kiwi Campers reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
All Kiwi Campers vehicles are designated Smoke-Free, absolutely no smoking is allowed inside the vehicle. If a vehicle is returned with the smell of smoke inside the vehicle a $500.00 cleaning fee will apply.
Insurance - Standard Rates
All Kiwi Campers standard rates include standard Kiwi Campers vehicle insurance (Bronze insurance cover). Kiwi Campers require a bank pre - authorisation of the insurance excess (bond) and amount from the hirer's credit card or debit card.
The hirer is liable for all damage to the vehicle regardless of who is at fault. If the hirer is not at fault and the third party admits liability, then a refunded will be proceeded upon receipt of payment from the third party. The hirer is liable for all damage to a third party vehicle and/or property if the hirer is at fault.
An Accident Report MUST be filled out, when there is ANY damage to the vehicle while it is hired
Please Note: Third party insurance is not compulsory in New Zealand and claims can take months to resolve. For peace of mind Kiwi Campers recommends the hire to take Platinum Insurance.
Excess Reduction Options
There are four levels of excess/bond reduction available to the hirer. The standard insurance included in our rates is called the Bronze insurance cover. You are fully insured in case of accident damage. The Liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid upon the completion of the rental period. If the hirer is not at fault and the third party admits liability, then Kiwi Campers will refund the amount charged to the hirer upon receipt of payment from the third party. Please note the hirer is fully liable for all towing/retrieval costs of the damaged vehicle regardless of the Excess Reduction Option the hirer has selected. Please be aware that once an Excess Reduction Option is selected and confirmed with Kiwi Campers, the cost of the Excess Reduction Option is non-refundable.
Platinum Insurance Cover includes the following extras:
- Please advise us which free accessories you require prior to picking up
- These are GPS, Baby Seat, Outside BBQ, Picnic Table and Chairs, Solar Shower and Porta Potti.
- Zero insurance excess
- Carbon emissions offsetting for all kilometres travelled (This is not Road User Charges)
- One windscreen, multiple windscreen chips and two tyres will be covered for accidental damage
Please note: Platinum insurance does not cover any damage, either through Negligence or Wilful Misconduct to the vehicle e.g. backing into another vehicle or objects smashing/breaking of vents by trees or leaving the vent open whilst driving, leaving windows open (except drivers and passengers) whilst driving, not avoiding objects close to the vehicle –side wiping either side and under the vehicle. etc
Protection Plus Insurance
Kiwi 4 and 6/7 Berth - Our Protection Plus Insurance is an extra NZ$60 per day (to a maximum of fifty (50) days) and this reduces your excess to NZ$0.
Kiwi 2,3 and 2ST Berth - Our Protection Plus Insurance is an extra NZ$30 per day (to a maximum of fifty (50) days) and this reduces your excess to NZ$0.
Number of claims
Each insurance policy can only have one individual claim made by the hirer. The policy is cancelled after each accident and all payments are forfeited. Kiwi Campers reserves the right to agree to a renewal of any insurance policy or to cancel the hire at the hirer's cost.
The hirer is liable for all damage to a Kiwi Campers vehicle or costs when:
1. These Terms and Conditions are breached
2. Negligence or wilful misconduct has occurred
3. Incorrect or contaminated fuel is used (this includes running out of fuel or putting fuel in the water tank or system).
4. The vehicle is used in contravention of any legislation or regulation.
5. The hirer takes the vehicle onto beach or sand.
6. The vehicle comes submerged, flooded, bogged or immobile.
7. The hirer does not obey height-restricted areas (such as, but not limited to, car parking buildings) and damage is caused to the roof of the vehicle.
8. The hirer is involved in a single vehicle rollover. This includes, but is not limited to, a vehicle that has rolled, tipped, or fallen over on its side.
9. Driving on gravel or unsealed roads (there are no restrictions on which road the vehicle can be driven on, however, travel on gravel or unsealed roads voids all liability limitations).
10. Retrieving, storing and recovering the vehicle to the agreed rental location following an accident.
11. The hirer has failed to stop and contacted Kiwi/Happy Campers when a warning light appears on the dashboard.
12. The hirer continues to drive the vehicle following the temperature gauge moving in a direction which shows a departure from the normal operating temperature.
13. The hirer continues to drive the vehicle after a mechanical breakdown or failure (including ab accident) has occurred.
Accessories are available to hire off Kiwi Campers. It is best to pre-order these to guarantee availability. You can still order the accessories at pick up but your first choice may not be available. Please note the Hirer is fully liable for all costs if the accessories are lost, damaged or stolen regardless of what Excess Reduction Option was taken. The GPS fee of $5 per day is payable up to a maximum of 30 days thereafter no fees apply (maximum $150).
The hirer is responsible for:
- To ensure that all child seats and restraints are installed correctly;
- To ensure that the gas is off (unlocked) whilst driving and that the rear or sliding door of the vehicle is open when the gas cooker is used.
On-Road Assistance – Mechanical Faults
If the vehicle has any mechanical failures these problems must be reported to Kiwi Campers as soon as possible in order to give Kiwi Campers the opportunity to rectify the problems during the rental.
Please Note: This service does not cover failures resulting in the hirer’s action or inaction which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- The vehicle running out of fuel or incorrect fuel being used
- The keys being locked inside the vehicle or lost
- Flat batteries caused by incorrect usage of the batteries and/or incorrect usage of any equipment that requires the batteries in order to operate
- A breakdown resulting from damage caused in an accident
- A breakdown caused by wilful neglect
The hire may be liable for a charge by the road side assistance provider in the even assistance is required for the above
The hirer is not entitled to any refund at the end of the hire period unless Kiwi Campers has been advised of the problem earlier, and has been given the opportunity to rectify the situation. Kiwi Campers does not accept any liability for any claims made after this point. Kiwi Campers is not liable for any delay in repair caused by the breakdown occurring on a weekend or a public holiday. A refund can be requested if the breakdown has directly caused a delay in travel of 48 hours or more, if the delay is less than 48 hours in one location Kiwi Campers can deny the refund request at its own discretion.
Maintenance and Repairs – Equipment Faults
The hirer shall take all reasonable care to ensure that the vehicle is properly maintained.This shall include DAILY checks to the oil, water and batteries. The hirer shall be liable for any cost associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), including putting fuel in the water tank. The failure of accessories such as TV, DVD, CD player,microwave, gas heater, air conditioning unit, fridge and hot water heater do not constitute a breakdown. Any problems associated with the vehicles equipment, must be reported to Kiwi Campers as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give Kiwi Campers the opportunity to rectify the problem. Failure to do so will compromise any claims as we cannot accept liability for any claims submitted after this period. Kiwi Campers will endeavour to facilitate on-road repairs however should the repair not be possible or fail the hirer is not entitled to a vehicle change or compensation.
Regretfully, no refunds can be given for any unused portion of your holiday. However, your travel insurance may in some circumstances cover the unused portion. Refunds for hires paid and cancelled prior to picking up will be subject to our cancellation policy. If it is determined that a refund is due, Kiwi Campers will process the refund back to the original credit card charged, or a refund cheque will be posted if payment was made by direct debit or cash. All refunds will be made in NZ$ and Kiwi Campers does not accept any liability for currency exchange rate fluctuations. Refunds are processed once a week.
The availability of an Exchange Vehicle is not guaranteed; provision is subject to availability, Customer location, accident liability and remaining hire duration. Additional charged may be incurred (as per below).
- If an Exchange Vehicle is required because of an accident, the Customer is responsible for making their own way to the nearest Kiwi Campers branch at their own cost.
- Kiwi Campers may offer the hirer the option of paying an ‘Exchange Vehicle Relocation Fee’ to send a driver to deliver the exchange vehicle to the hirer’s location.
- The hirer will pay for any costs relating to delivery of a change over vehicle because of any single Vehicle accident. The charge applies irrespective of any Excess Reduction Options taken.
- A new insurance shall be required for the Exchange Vehicle.
- An instructional walk-through of your motorhome may be purchased for an additional NZ$25
- If the vehicle is not returned in an identically clean state as it was supplied, a fee of NZ$150 will apply
- Public Holiday vehicle collection will incur a one-off fee of $60 to be paid at pick up. Kiwi Campers is open on the following Public Holidays: 2 January, Waitangi Day, Easter Monday, ANZAC Day, Queens Birthday, Labour Day, Boxing Day, Auckland and Christchurch anniversary days.
- If the toilet (where applicable) is not returned empty, a fee of NZ$150 will apply
- If the waste tank (where applicable) is not returned empty, a fee of NZ$150 will apply
All traffic infringements including Speeding Fines, Parking Tickets, Unpaid Toll charges and Free Camping fines are the responsibility of the hirer. Kiwi Campers will charge the hirer's credit card using the bond imprint given to cover the cost of the fine, plus a processing fee of NZ$50. In the circumstances of credit card failure, or no credit card is supplied then Kiwi Campers reserves the right to pass on details of the hirer's home contact to the New Zealand Traffic Authorities at a fee of NZ$50.
Fuel and LPG
All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel and a full bottle of LPG at the start of the hire,both must be returned full at the end of your hire. If the vehicle is returned without a full tank of fuel or LPG bottle, the hirer is liable for the cost to refill, plus a fee of NZ$50.
Road User Charges related to Diesel Vehicles
The Road User Charges of Diesel Vehicles is an extra to the hirer.
The Road User Charge Recovery Fee will be calculated and collected on return of the vehicle based on the kilometres travelled during the hire.
The vehicle rates per 1000kms are as follows
Kiwi 2/3 Berths / ST / Euro - $72.00
Kiwi 4 Berths - $73.00
Kiwi 6-7 Berths - $73.00
Kiwi Campers reserves the right to amend the Road User Charges Recovery Fee upon changes in Government regulations.
Delivery and Return of Vehicle
The vehicle shall be returned in a clean condition, on the return date of the agreement and at the location noted on the agreement.
Change of Drop-Off Destination
If the hirer wishes to change the drop off destination after confirmation of booking, they must first obtain authorisation from Kiwi Campers. Subject to the change being approved, a minimum additional charge of NZ$950 will apply.
Rental Extension & Late Return
If the hirer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Kiwi Campers who will advise of the additional cost. Rental extensions are subject to fleet availability. Failure to obtain authorisation (i.e. a late return) will result in the hirer being charged their daily rate plus an additional NZ$500 per day for each day the vehicle is not returned.
These Terms These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements. Kiwi Campers and any employee, agents or representative of the company or by anyone providing services or facilities, are not authorised to vary, add to, or delete from this agreement or to make any representation about performance, specification or fitness for of Kiwi Campers. The company cannot be bound by any representative or statement unless it is confirmed in writing by the company's director or management.
Where the hirer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations under this agreement. Kiwi Campers take no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage or injury that a hirer might experience no matter how it is caused by whom.
Should you book through an agent, then your travel agent will forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf, but your travel agent is not our agent for the purpose of the receipt of monies.
No refunds are payable on accommodation, or motorhome/campervan not being available, where a hirer or passenger amends, cancels or seeks to vary the agreements after departure.
Kiwi Campers reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, vehicle specifications and tariffs at any time without prior notice.
Kiwi Campers reserves the right to refuse a rental at its own discretion and cancel any rental agreements at any time if there has been any report of driving which breaches New Zealand Laws.
Illustration and text in any of our websites are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicle offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Happy/Campers or modifications and/or upgrade the vehicle designed made by the manufacturer.