fetch campervan hire new zealand | senior campervan hire new zealand | family campervan hire new zealand | cheap campervan hire new zealand
early booker campervan hire new zealand
Discover NZ Motorhomes informationDiscover NZ Motorhomes has a selection of the Motorhomes for you to rent so you can enjoy your New Zealand holiday at your own pace.
Our fleet consists of 2, 4 and 6 motorhomes. We can arrange pick up to have your motorhome and drop off your motorhome from either Nelson, Christchurch, Picton and Auckland.
Our Motorhome Rentals are priced to be competitive, and our personal service second to none.
Discover New Zealand. Visit Golden Bay the Gateway to the Abel Tasman National Park at your own Leisure or head south or north. The choice is yours!
Discover NZ Motorhomes Rental TermsImportant Information About Your Rentals
On arrival, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the operators of Discover NZ Motorhomes. Here is a summary of their terms and conditions.
The following definitions apply for the Terms and Conditions of Discover NZ Motorhomes:
* The Supplier means the operator of Discover NZ Motorhomes.
* The Client is also referred to as the hirer (s) or renter (s).
Rental Terms and Conditions
Initial Payment Terms
* A non-refundable booking confirmation deposit is taken upon confirmation of your booking from your nominated Visa or Mastercard.
* Balance will be collected 35 days prior to the pick up date.
SPECIAL PAYMENT TERMS
* The non-refundable deposit and balance will be collected upon confirmation if you elect to process your booking in a currency different to NZD. Cancellation
Booking deposit paid at the time of booking confirmation is non-refundable. In addition to this the following penalties will apply:
- Cancellations made 30 days or more prior to pick up incur an additional NZ$150.00 administration fee.
- Cancellations made 30-14 days prior to pick up - 50% of the cost of your rental is charged
- Cancellations made 14-0 days prior to pick up - 100% of the cost of your rental is charged RatesAll rates are in New Zealand Dollars and include Goods and Service Tax (GST) of 15%
All rates are subject to change without notice
Minimum hire period is 7 calendar days
Hire rates include unlimited mileage
Standard Rates Include
Vehicle Insurance cover
Up to 3 additional drivers
Road User Charges / Diesel Tax
AA 24-hour roadside assistance throughout NZ
Full tank of fuel (to be replaced when returning the vehicle)
Complimentary transfers (see below)
Cleaning fees and pre-departure vehicle preparation
Basic cooking facilities and utensils
Basic living equipment, fire extinguisher and first aid kit
NZ Maps, Campsite and Holiday Park Directories and other tourist information supplied on request from our depots.
New Zealand Camper Vans reserves the right to substitute a similar or superior vehicle to the hirer. This excludes any breach of contract on our part or refund to the hirer.
Minimum Hire Periods and One-Way Hire
There are a minimum period of seven (7) calendar days for vehicles.
A standard rental agreement requires that all hired vehicles must be returned to their starting destinations or one-way destination by arrangement.
One way rentals are available subject to the term of hire. (Relocation fees may apply) Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Saturday: 9.00am - 4.00pm.
Sunday: Closed Please note:
- Any other times may be made by prior arrangement but may be dependent on the hire and duration for agreement.
- Despite the fee attached, after hours pick ups and drop offs will be accepted or declined at the discretion of the vehicle supplier.
For customers arriving and departing from Auckland, Christchurch or Nelson, a complimentary transfer is available to or from your accommodation inside the CBD or the airport on the day of pick-up and drop-off of the vehicle. This service is available between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm. (or outside of these times by prior arrangement) The hirer must advise us of pick up and drop off times one week before collection to be guaranteed the transfer at a certain time.
On-Road Assistance - Mechanical Faults
Camper Van hires bookings to come with 24-hour roadside assistance or factory warranty throughout New Zealand. Policy documents and contact numbers are provided with your vehicle.
Any mechanical failures or problems with the vehicle must be reported as soon as possible so that we may rectify the problems during the rental or arrange a replacement for you.
The hirer is not entitled to any refund at the end of the hire period unless we have been informed of the problem earlier. The Company does not accept any liability for any claims made after the return of the vehicle. If the breakdown has directly caused a delay in the travel of 12 hours or more, a refund for this period may be requested. Refunds for delays of less in one location are at the discretion of the Company.
Maintenance and Repairs - Equipment Faults
The hirer shall take all reasonable care to ensure that the vehicle is properly maintained during the hire period, including daily checks of oil, water and battery levels. The hirer shall be liable for any cost associated with the incorrect use of fuel (diesel or petrol), including putting fuel in the water tank or refilling with the wrong type of fuel.
The failure of accessories such as TV, DVD, CD player does not constitute a breakdown. Whilst we will endeavour to facilitate any repairs during the rental period, the hirer is not entitled to a vehicle change or compensation should repairs be impossible.
Drivers’ Requirements and Licences
All drivers must be 21 years of age or older and hold a current valid New Zealand or International driver's licence at the commencement of the hire.
The licence must be a full driver's licence and held for at least two years.
Licences must be presented at the time of hire.
No special licence is required.
Camper Vans may be driven on any road in NZ except the following, which are prohibited in all circumstances:
- Ninety Mile Beach - Northland
- North of Colville Township - Coromandel Peninsula
- Tapu-Coroglen Road - Coromandel Peninsula
- Skippers Canyon Road - Queenstown
- Ball Hutt Road - Mt. Cook
Driving is also not permitted on any beach or unformed/gravel road in New Zealand. The only exceptions to this are for recognised campground access roads less than 500 metres in length, or public road works.
The company also reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions. Where possible, this information will be supplied to the hirer at the commencement of the hire contract but is subject to change throughout the rental period.
Please note that if these road restrictions are breached, all insurances will become null and void and the hirer will be liable for the full cost of any and all damages incurred.
All Camper hires include vehicle insurance for accident, fire and theft, including third party cover.
- Insurance does not cover hirer's personal property.
- Insurance does not apply to reckless driving or driving under the influence of drugs/ alcohol.
- An excess applies where the hirer is responsible for the first NZ$3000.00 (or NZ$5000.00 for 4+1 Berth, 4+2 Berth Deluxe Auto or 5 berths Deluxe) of any accident claim (see Bond).
- All drivers must be over 21 years old with a minimum 2 years driving experience, and hold a current valid N.Z. Drivers license or approved international driver's license
Insurance Waiver Options
Optional windscreen and Glass cover is an extra NZ$50 per hire per vehicle.
A bond of NZ$3000.00 / NZ$5000.00 dollars is payable by cash or credit card swipe to cover any accident or damage claim to the vehicle.
This bond will be used if any damage or claim occurs and/or money deducted to cover expense due to:
- Camper returned in "Dirty" or "unreasonable" condition.
-Fuel tank not filled.
- Toilet Cassette not emptied.
- Camper returned beyond the agreed time.
All Camper Vans are designated Strictly Smoke-Free and we will tolerate no exceptions and reserve the right to charge cleaning fees required to restore fabrics and Interior to original condition again .
Any parking or traffic infringements incurred are the responsibility of the hirer. All resulting parking and or speeding fines will be deducted from the bond or credit card along with an additional NZD$20.00 fee to cover credit card, administration and postage fees.
Payment can be made by credit card or cash (NZ$). We accept Visa or MasterCard.
All payments are calculated in NZD$ ( New Zealand dollars).
A fee of 2% applies to the use of Visa and MasterCard.
We strongly recommend that clients ensure they take out the highest level of travel insurance. In many cases, this will cover any losses incurred if you are forced to cancel your booking.
Early return policy
Refunds will not be awarded for any early return of the vehicle. Allowances will be made for immediate bereavement on proof of loss.
Please note that pets are not permitted in any Discover NZ vehicles.
There are no refunds for early returns or cancellations after the commencement of hire, however, in some circumstances your travel insurance may cover the unused portion of your rental. If for any other reason it is determined that a refund is due, we will process the refund back to the original credit card charged, otherwise, a refund cheque will be posted. All refunds are made in NZD$. The Company does not accept any liability for currency exchange rate fluctuations.
Rental extension and late return policy
Rental extensions either prior to commencement or during your hire period are subject to fleet availability. Failure to obtain authorisation to alter your return date will result in the hirer being charged a late return penalty of their daily rate plus an additional NZ$200 per day for each day the vehicle exceeds its return date.
Hours of Operation
Please discuss our hours of operation on a collection of your vehicle to avoid unnecessary late return fees.
Change of Drop-Off destination
If the hirer wishes to change the return destination of their vehicle after the commencement of the hire period booking, they must first notify us and request permission. This may be denied due to future booking requirements. Any approved return destination changes may incur a one-way recovery charge for the vehicle .
* All prices and Specifications are subject to change due to fleet upgrades or changes
* We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions, vehicle specifications and tariffs at any time without prior notice.
* We reserve the right to refuse any rental at its own discretion